- Interested in a career in Law Enforcement or a related field?
Want an opportunity to gain experience in the private sector within our high-profile commercial and retail properties?
Commerce Court has
a proven track record of the number of staff that have been elevated to Law Enforcement Careers due to its proven security program on-site.
Located in the heart of Toronto’s Financial core and classified among Canada’s premier mixed-use complexes, Commerce Court is comprised of four office buildings and a retail concourse. Proudly managed by QuadReal Properties, they have built a reputation as a premier property manager dedicated to serving the distinct needs of its tenants. Commerce Court is made up of class A tenants, including the corporate headquarters of the CIBC, some of Canada’s largest law firms, a consulate, and others. Commerce Court is situated on the Path, downtown Toronto’s underground walkway linking 27 kilometres of shopping, services, and entertainment.
- Security & Life Safety Services
With a tenant population of 7,000, plus over 30,000 people a day passing through our office towers and retail concourse, Security & Life Safety Services is a vital component of Quadreal Property’s management team. The safety and security of our tenants, visitors, and guests along with the protection of our complex are the top priorities of this dedicated group. They are the first response to all emergency and criminal events which may occur at the complex. Services are provided on a 24/7/365 basis. Security & Life Safety Services work closely with city emergency services such as Toronto Police Services, Toronto Fire Services, and Toronto EMS.
- Career opportunities exist in the following areas.
- Platoons – Comprised of four platoons working 12-hour shifts, this group responds to all calls for service and emergencies in addition to performing general patrol and enforcement duties
- Special Operations – These officers work outside of the platoon structure and are responsible for targeted enforcement and specialized emergency response
- Shipping and Receiving Officers – These officers’ control vehicular entry into the complex, are responsible for parking control, and ensure that contraband and non-authorized persons are not allowed into the complex
These positions require a minimum of 2 years of security experience PREFERRED
but a combination of experience & education can be considered.
Educations and Pre-requisites:
- Position: S1 – Tactical Security Patrol Guard
- Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Location: 25 King Street West – Commerce Court
- Schedule: 12 hours Continental Days, Nights, and Rotation Schedule
- Hours: 36 to 48 hours per week or 84 hours biweekly
- Salary: $20.40 per hour
Skills & Knowledge
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Must be able to pass criminal background and history check
- Must have a minimum 2 years of Full-time Tactical Security Guard experience in a high-paced environment
- Knowledge of Section 494 and Trespass to Property Act
- Physical Demands: Excessive walking, standing for 8 to 12 hours
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions under duress
- Must be able to work all shifts – 12 hours, Days, Nights, and Rotation schedules
- Educational background in Law enforcement, Police Foundations, Security and Investigations, Criminology, or related subjects preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate high attention to detail / observational awareness
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a team
- A fundamental knowledge of state-of-the-art security technology such as alarm and access control systems, CCTV systems, communications technologies, and general MS software programs.
- Excellent personal computing skills including all office-related products and familiarity with specialized security applications.
- Working knowledge of property management operations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking and shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional demeanour under very stressful situations and duress.
- Must be self-motivated and consistently show initiative.
- Required to work, if necessary, various rotating shifts on short notice and be available for work in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Could be exposed to hazardous situations and conditions when responding to or managing emergencies or incidents.
For more information about Commerce Court
Please visit: https://www.commercecourt.ca/resources
- Responsible for activities undertaken on each platoon to ensure that security operations occur consistent with policy, Standing Orders, and the rule of law.
- Monitor CCTV surveillance systems
- Maintain compliance with and enforce property standards, rules, and regulations in a reasonable manner
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, in a fair and safe manner, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act.
- Screening unauthorized persons and physically removing unauthorized personnel found trespassing or engaging in criminal acts or breaching the policies. Legally arrest individual and surrender same to Police as soon as possible.
- Back-up support – respond to calls and provide support as required/needed.
- Completion of Incident Reports and critiquing of security personnel Incident Reports promptly, including ensuring Incident Reports are complete, accurate, aligned with the Standing Orders, and distributed accordingly.
- Actively participate in security programs to include prohibited activity enforcement, plainclothes operations, parking enforcement, vehicle inspections, community policing, and the enforcement of life safety and other violations.
- Identify security awareness deficiencies and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Completion of projects as assigned by Paragon Management and/or Property Management.
Unionized Group benefits includes:
Successful candidates after working with Paragon Security have joined
- Free Uniforms
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance.
- Paid On-site training and additional training according to site requirements.
- Yearly uniform allowance
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee incentive programs
- Peer recognition programs.
: Toronto Police Services, York Regional Police Services, Peel Regional Police Services, Durham Regional Police Services, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canadian Border Services Agency, Canadian Security Intelligence Services, Toronto Transit Commission – Special Constables, Toronto Community Housing Complex – Special Constables, Canadian Military, Waterloo Regional Police Services, Halton Regional Police Services
We are accepting Walk-in Interviews at the below-mentioned address.
Timings: Monday to Friday. 9 am to 4 pm
1210 Sheppard Avenue East – Unit 102
Please contact Prince Yadav at 416-758-3077 for any further enquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Paragon Security is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, ancestry, race, colour, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex (including pregnancy & breastfeeding), or any other protected grounds as outlined by The Ontario Human Rights Code.